Rich Text Editing allows you to create content from a blank screen with formatting capabilities like bold, italics and embedded hyperlinked text.
We currently support a limited set of features (with more to come!)
- Basic Formatting: The "P" button is for regular "paragraph" formatting, while H1, H2, and H3 buttons let you format a line as a headline, a sub-headline, or a sub-sub-headline. When you have text selected, you can bold it, italicize it
Linking: You can link to any valid url, including
mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org. Linking addresses to Google Maps URLs can be a great touch.
- Lists: There are two types of list formats available: unordered, in which each item has a bullet before it, and ordered, in which each item is automatically numbered.
- Images: Upload images and have them stretch across the entire screen or stay with your content
- Button Links: Sometimes you have a clear call to action for your app users. The button link makes it easy to draw attention to links you want them to tap
- Separators: Sometime it helps to break up content. You can add a separator to you content that will match your color theme
Where can I use these rich text features?
- The Rich Text page type
- Individual Schedule item descriptions
- Individual People Bios
How does it work?
How to add links
How to add buttons
How to Add Images
- Click the plus button on the bar that appears between content
- Drag the image in or click the drop target to open the file chooser
- Wait for the upload to complete!
Rich text features in our roadmap
- Linking to other pages within your app
- Image captions
- Linking images to other content
- Embedding youtube and vimeo videos
- Internet Explorer 11 support is weak. We're working on this. Let us know if it's a problem for you
- Center aligning text is currently not supported
Let us know what features you would like to see the Rich Text page support!