Social feed is like your own private Facebook right inside of Yapp. Post your own picture or update or like and comment on others' posts. Below, are some things to know about the Social Feed page type on your phone:
- To post, like, or comment, a user will need to identify themselves. In order to do so, they will be asked to sign up or login to a Yapp account when they first try to post. Note that we do not email or share your users contact information with anyone. This procedure is solely for users to authenticate their real identities before posting to your app.
- Users of your social feed page can edit or delete their own posts and comments.
- As the app admin, you can also moderate your feed by deleting other users' posts and comments. Make sure you are signed in as the app's creator on your mobile device. If you are on a Team plan, you and your admins can also approve or reject posts before they show up in the feed. Read more about Social Feed Moderation.
- If a user has their push notifications set to "All", the user will receive the following notifications for Social Feed: (i) When another user posts a comment; (ii) when another user likes or comments on your post; (iii) when another user likes or comments on a post you have commented on.
- Please note: if your user has changed their notification settings on their phone to "Creator Only" or "None", then the user will not get any notifications for the Social Feed page type.
Social Feed in the Editor:
To add the Social Feed to your app, simply go to "Add Page" in the Editor and choose the "Social Feed" page type.
Please note that, currently, you can only post and moderate a Social Feed page from your mobile device, and not from the Editor.
Once posts are shared to your feed, you can then log into the Editor to choose whether you would like to display your photos and posts as a "List" layout or with our more attractive "Grid" view.
To change how your posts are displayed, click on the "Settings" icon to the right of your Social Feed page. Then select either the “List” or “Grid” Page Layout.
Social Feed on the Dashboard: