🚨This is a private beta we plan on starting December 2018. If you're interested, please get in touch! 🚨
Are you interested in:
- Making it easier for your attendees to connect and share info?
- Not having to manually maintain an attendees list?
Then I've got news for you! We're soon going to be starting a private beta where we test out some of this feature.
What is this exciting new feature? I'm glad you asked!
Our People Page currently requires you to add every person. Soon, you will be able to flip a switch for a particular page and allow your attendees to add themselves to the list. They'll be able to create a rich profiles that include a bio, contact information, and social media profiles. This profile can be searched for from the attendees page as well as by tapping on a users name and photo from a social feed post.
Why a private beta?
Building software is hard! We've done a lot of work to design a process that is simple and intuitive, but we want to validate that before we launch publicly. Feedback from real users is absolutely essential to make sure that we've addressed real pain points. We have a minimum set of features that we think is critical for a public release, but we want feedback before we spend the time to create them all.
Am I a good fit for the beta?
- Do you have an event sometime in December 2018 or early 2019?
- Are you ok with work with the Yapp support team if you run into issues?
- Are you interested in helping guide the direction of Yapp and supporting our work by providing feedback?
If that sounds like you, let us know!
How will the beta work?
If you're interested, you'll need to let us know:
- That you're interested. Obviously.
- What app you want to try this feature out on
- When your event is (this is so we know when we need to follow up with you)
When the beta starts, this is how it will work:
- You'll create a new People page and turn on the "Allow attendees to add their profile" feature. You'll then publish your app.
- When a user views the Attendees page from their app, they will see an option to add themselves. This will take them to our profile form. They will have complete control over which information they share.
- If your app's privacy mode is set to "authentication required" or "whitelist only", then along with creating their profile like normal, they will be asked if they want to add their profile to the attendees page.
- When you're event wraps up, we'll email you some questions about how it went. We'll also provide priority support during the process.
Limitations during the beta
Since this will be an early beta test, not all the features we plan on including will be present. We want to validate some of our foundational design decisions.
- Editorial (ie: profiles you've added to a people list) and dynamic (ie: the profiles your users create) profile will not be able to coexist in the same page. So you will have to start your attendees list from scratch and encourage your users to create profiles.
- Right now, there is no plans to allow you, the admin, to change an individuals profile. However, this is part of the reason we're doing this beta. We want to confirm we're making the right calls, so your feedback would be invaluable
- We also have plans to include the ability to hide/mute specific individuals. So you can choose to block an individual from using the app or require that all of their content be moderated before becoming public. These features will like not show until later in the beta.