What does it mean to clone an app? Cloning an app duplicates a previous app you created. This allows you to reuse the content and format of the app.
Why should I clone an app? You may want to clone a previous app when you want to keep the same layout/format. You can also clone an app when you only need to change some content details for your next app.
A few reminders about cloning an app:
- You can clone an unlimited number of apps within your account. When you clone an app, it will clone as a Demo App.
- Cloning an app will duplicate your cover image and content as a second app with a new, random URL. You can then customize your URL and publish the app. The new app will be published once cloned, but no one can see it until you share the URL with them.
- You can edit the content of the cloned app independent of the original app.
- If your original app had a Social Feed page full of user posts, those posts won't transfer. That means you'll start with fresh posts on your Social Feed page.
To clone an app:
- Go to your dashboard at http://yapp.us/apps.
- Locate the app you want to clone.
- If, before, you archived an app, you’ll want to click on the “Archive” tab on your dashboard to access the app. Then, click on “restore to dashboard”. Once you restore the app to your dashboard, continue with the instructions below for cloning an app.
- If you are on a team plan the app may be on a team or in the team’s archive. Follow the same steps after locating your desired app.
3. Click the gear icon in the upper right corner and choose Clone.
4. Your app will then clone as "[Name of Source App] copy". You can change the name to whatever you would like. Here's how to rename an app.
5. Enjoy, edit, and share your cloned app!